June 2018 - Now, Group IT Director, Hoan My Medical Corporation (Singaporean Investment)
Leading a team of nation wide 60+ IT professionals to implement the digital transformation at Hoan My Medical corporation's 15+ hospitals (Singaporean investment business) and clinics. Additional expansion plan is around 30 hospital in next 1 - 2 years.
March 2013 to Current: Senior Project Manager in RMIT International University.
Manage the Project Management Office and projects approved by the ICT Planning and Reference Group. Assign and monitor the Projects assigned to different Project Managers.
- Develop Stakeholder and customer management plan and implement in to whole Project management team.
- Utilize and regularly review portfolio management tools and processes including budgeting, resource tracking, project planning, change management, quality assurance, risk management and mitigation planning.
- Manage multiple, simultaneous, large scale, and high impact initiatives within the Digital Innovation & Strategy portfolio. This includes all aspects of client engagement, requirement engineering and interaction from ideation / strategy to final delivery.
- Responsible for the successful development of both online and offline projects, working with cross-functional, multi-disciplinary team of resources to ensure projects are delivered on-time and on budget with complete accuracy.
- Planning, scheduling and control of all project activities toward objectives, applying technical, theoretical and managerial skills to satisfy project requirements, while building positive professional relationships with clients and associates
- Perform gap analysis and feasibility studies for technology solutions required or proposed for use by the University.
- Effectively manage the vendors and third party, monitor their performance, evaluate the quality of the project, regularly provide feedback and finally take necessary steps on that.
- Follow-up with end-users to ensure the project is endorsed and properly use based on requirements.
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Evaluate new technologies for their suitability and benefits to use at RMIT.
- Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Building the Project management team. Playing key role in hiring process
- Create 1 to 1 and management relationship to each project managers and give always feedback where they have done well and should improvement
- Mentoring the Project Management team and take the project toward goal and success.
- Handles difficult personnel situations directly, using appropriate discretion, HR advice, and respect for the individual.
December 2010 to March 2013: Project Manager and Quality Architect in Tech Propulsion Labs.
- Project management, co-ordination, delivery in agile and XP software development.
- Managing offshore Test Center (in Vietnam) for an American software development company and reporting to the Program manager of that company.
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Design the Quality process for project and commit the implementation.
- Maintain product reliability throughout product and project life cycle including design, define and build phases through quality checkpoints and testing
- Root cause analysis and implementation of corrective action for process related concerns
- Responsible for continual improvement activities to enhance the quality system
- Establishing, implement and maintain the quality management system.
- Walk through Business requirements and relevant development documentation with Development team
- Analyze failure, corrective and preventive action to respond to customer complaints.
- Responsible for planning, organizing and managing the overall activities of quality functions
- Reviews and edits requirements, specifications, business processes and recommendations related to proposed solution.
- Develops functional specifications and system design specifications for client engagements.
- Develop training to build quality awareness and training the new tester and QA team members.
- Manages resources in accordance with project schedule. Facilitates effective team interaction.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation,
- and presentations.
- Acting as an interface between business units, technology teams and support teams.
- Attend meeting with the customer, do presentation, online demo for the solutions.
- Lead the hiring process, build the team and manage the resources for Project team.
- Create 1 to 1 relationship with each member of the team. Maintain mentor and mentee relationship for team members and provide them always feedback and guide where to improve, where have done well and the future best practices.
November 2009 to December 2010: Quality Architect in ELECTRONICS, Research & Development (R&D) Center, WALTON.
- Manage and lead the Quality team and ensure the quality of the products.
- Quality control in very large scale web application, LCD, LED TV projects.
- Devising and establishing a company’s quality procedures, standards and specifications.
- Work closely with Product Managers and other members of the Development Team to both develop detailed specification documents with clear project deliverables and timelines, and to ensure timely completion of deliverables.
- Automation test planning, execution and management
- Develop, implement, communicate and maintain a quality plan to bring the Company’s Quality Systems and Policies into compliance with quality system requirements.
- Establishing, implement and maintain the quality management system
- Communicate with customers to get their feedback and maintain the best quality of the products.
- Interface with developers to ensure transfer to Production of new products are in accordance with approved data.
- Ensure that products and processes comply with the requirements of the quality management system.
- Ensure timely resolution of supplier failure, corrective actions and preventive actions.
- Documenting and analyzing the required information and data.
- Understanding the technical designs as well as the specifications.
- Effectively communicating with internal teams and external clients to deliver functional requirements like GUI, screen and interface designs.
June 2009 to November 2009: Business Analysts / Software Engineer in Nextrack.
- Was one of the top-performing members of a dynamic web application development team using different standard development frameworks.
- Developed software solutions by reviewing requirements; conferring with users; studying systems flow; data usage; investigating problem areas; actively participated in task break down; estimated the task; and efficiently conducted the whole software development lifecycle.
- Successfully performed operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Deeply investigated several migrating applications and designed new user interface (UI), functional specification document for the application, which bought great customer satisfaction and high effectiveness to the project team.
- Documented and demonstrated solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code which played a key role in term of project documentation and communication.
- Effectively improved operations by conducting systems analysis and recommended changes in process, procedures that added great value in development operation.
- Collaboratively worked with clients and ‘Project Managers’ to build and refine User interface (UI) and functional designs, which added great value to projects.
- Attended client meetings during the requirement gathering process, during development and after development phases, performed different training sessions for clients / users which produced outstanding positive feedback.
- Performed different types of test on the developing application, efficiently submitted the test result in to the test management system and got them all resolved.
- Contentiously improved job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, different types of development frameworks and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
July 2007 to March 2009: Software Engineer / Business analysts at Dream IT
- Joined in an outstanding web application development team and successfully delivered different types of great web application projects using different development frameworks.
- Conferred with systems analysts, engineers, programmers and others to design system and to obtain information on project limitations, capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
- Actively participated in the development meeting, reviewed requirements, proactively participated in the requirement break down, task estimation and development cycle plan.
- Reviewed the test management system, worked collaboratively with ‘Test engineers’ and delivered high quality product.
- Engaged with customer and did consultation about software system design, functional design and maintenance plan which produced great feedback.
- During requirement gathering phases, attended client meetings and after development phases performed different training sessions for clients / users which produced outstanding positive feedback.
- Performed different types of test on the developing application, efficiently submitted the test result in to the test management system and got them resolved to closed, which added great value to project team.
- Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
- Contentiously improved job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, test techniques –process, different types of development frameworks, participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.