Today I am going to share a very interesting topic with you. Android phone, what do you think when every I tell in front of you? Interesting or some even can tell me “no this is quite boring”. But if in over all we examine that then this is quite popular among the people.
In north American countries iphone is dominating there is a little use of android. But if we consider in Asia then android is the king of this area. Because a lot of people are using and really become a fan of this. So whenever something being popular the depend software development rate also increase. So now days a lot of android app is developing all over the Asia. Even those software companies which are from West they are also investing in android app developing.
• So whenever we are having a lot of android software developing then we have to perform the test operation on them too to ensure the quality. Right? Unlucky there were no tools for real test automation in android even in 2009 and 2010. Really surprising but true. Now we are in the pipeline of android test automation tools. Let’s think now how people normally test a mobile or android app?
• You come up with a test plan based on the features of the application.
• You take into account the requirements of the platform.
• For Android, we're talking about stability, responsiveness, accessibility, performance, elegance, security, and so on.
• it varies by company as it always has, but the fundamentals are the same. It requires a budget, personnel, hardware, and will.
That is something like that.
Previously when we use to do android test automation then we need the following materials to perform the test automation. Such as:
· Android main project
· Test project
· Some tools even need the permission inside the mailfest.xml file.
Now here is the point is. Many project is not develop in one company and submit to another company to test. So now your client how can belive in you that you will not steal the code from that project? Haha. Maybe you are thinking, “What nonsense are you saying? I never think so bad way!” But this is ture that maybe you are not thinking but many other people are there to think quite much about this. Even if I ask you how can you trust other people with your project.
This was pretty hard for both side. So android test automation test was not speed up. Because people can’t trust each other. So they just project apk and confirm manual testing. But I belive that there is no limitation is not a real limitation. If we effort then we can overcome that too. So now totally I am going to tell you one new technology where you don’t need any project just apk which is enough to do test automation.
So lets list which things are need for this automation
• Android environment
You must be thinking how this is possible. Right? Soon I will post a video demo on this.
I am Masud Parvez. Working as IT Senior Project Manager for RMIT University. Previously I built and run a distributed Test Center. My success was to turn that in to one of the most successful business units of the company.